RTC Recruit Briefing Guide
|This is the Document Release Information|
|Scope:||Recruit Training Command Recruit Briefing Guide|
|Last Modified Date:||DDMMMYYYY|
|Approving Authority:||RTC OIC|
|Point of Contact:||RTC NCOIC|
What follows is a brief outline of how the briefing will be conducted. This is for the benefit of the Drill Sergeants.
- Prior to the briefing start, move all participating recruits into the
Interview Roomof the
BGEN. Krazee Training Grounds. Add
DNDto your name.
- The Briefing is conducted as follows:
- Read Welcome & Introduction
- Ensure any necessary mods are downloading based on AO
- Teamspeak identity
- Website familiarization
- Oral test
- Mod check as needed
- Schedule a bootcamp
- Update Folders and bump RCT welcome letter to confirm time
- Note on disruptive personnel:
- If anybody is disruptive they may be removed at the discretion of the Lead DI
- Notify RTC staff of any incidents that require intervention
- DI may request discharge on recruits for behavior requiring intervention
Welcome to the briefing. My name is RANK & NAME.
- Give some detail about yourself, your time in the 7th Cavalry and your time as a Drill Instructor
- Have additional Drill Instructors introduce themselves
Today we will be covering:
- Setting up your TeamSpeak Identity
- Rules and expectations
- Website Familiarization
- Comprehension check (10 Question quiz)
- This is an "open book" quiz
Arma 3 Mod Downloads
Refer to the Cav Pack Install Page and ensure recruits download all the mods required for the Private (Training) Servers.
Link TeamSpeak Identity
If the recruit has not done so already, they should link their TeamSpeak Identity with
their 7th Cavalry profile. To do this, direct them to the TeamSpeak Identity unique ID by
going in TeamSpeak to
They should then copy this Unique ID into the Identities Page of their profile
7th Cavalry Gaming Regiment Founding Date
On October 15, 2002 the 7th Cavalry Gaming Regiment was founded. This is harder to find on the website so it is recommended to write this down for the test at the end.
Rules and Regulations Page
We are not here to read to the recruits - paraphrase and expand only where needed. Ask at the end of every section if the recruit has any questions, give them time to participate. The rules page may be found here
Code of Conduct
Review all items on the Code of Conduct, including the key precepts Rectitude, Respect, Honor, Loyalty, and Courage.
Review all General Orders.
TeamSpeak Code of Conduct
Review the Code of Conduct, such as Private vs Public Channels, Presence in Teamspeak, Absence And Inactivity, Behavior and Language in Public Channels, Behavior and Language in Private Channels, Push to Talk vs. Voice Activation, Personnel Identification on Teamspeak, Teamspeak Confirmation of Orders, TeamSpeak Confirmation of Orders, Inviting the Public into Teamspeak, Military Courtesy, and use of Addons.
Rules of Engagement
Review the key tenants of all game RoEs:
- No Fratricide. No purposeful team killing under ANY circumstances
- No Destruction of Friendly Equipment. No purposeful crashing, blowing up, or shooting of friendly equipment
- No Offensive Behavior. No disrespect, no trolling, etc.
- Weapons Safe on Base. No firing on base
Arma 3 Rules of Engagement
Refer to the Arma3 Rules of Engagement.
Squad and Hell Let Loose Rules of Engagement
Garry Owen Rule
Garry Owen is a call for a situation of real life emergency.
- Rule of Thumb: Life, limb, or eyesight
- All available members respond to assist however needed
- Has been used for medical emergencies, and mental health situations in the past
A member was cleaning their gun while in TeamSpeak. They did not clear the weapon and there was still a round in the chamber. The weapon discharged into their leg and so a Gary Owen was called. All members gathered and the situation was assessed. Members with medical experience (prior combat medics, paramedics, etc.) directed the injured member on first aid procedure and contacted emergency services to forward information and increase response time.
Always remember: The 7th Cavalry is a Brotherhood. We watch out for one another.
The Home Page is located here.
- Rotating Banner: This will show current and upcoming events
- Pinned Posts: Graduations, awards, and promotions of interest
- Right Hand Side Panel:
- Zulu Clock
- Donation Button
- Members Online
The forums are located here.
- 7th Cavalry Barracks
- 1st / 2nd Battalion Forums (Recruits won't be able to see either yet)
- Company Forums
- Platoon Forums
- Section/Squad Forums
- Roll Call
- Section/Squad Forums
- Platoon Forums
- Company Forums
Military Personnel Accessory System (MILPACS)
Rank & Name is in the left column, position/billet is in the right column.
|Unit||Position||Rank & Name|
|Regimental Headquarters||Regimental Commanding Officer||General of the Army John Chance|
|Regimental Chief of Staff||Lieutenant General Cameron Burgundy|
|Regimental Command Sergeant Major||Command Sergeant Major Apollo Nexhex|
|1st Battalion Headquarters||1st Battalion Commanding Officer||Lieutenant Colonel Rip Tharen|
|1st Battalion Sergeant Major||Sergeant Major Austin Schmidt|
|2nd Battalion Headquarters||2nd Battalion Commanding Officer||Lieutenant Colonel Zachary Larouche|
|2nd Battalion Sergeant Major||Sergeant Major Anthony Terlizzi|
Open any MILPACS by clicking on the member name.
- Uniform: Custom uniform for every member. Shows all awards
- Information: Rank, Name, Primary & Secondary positions, TIS, TIG
- Service Record: All operations, classes, promotions, assignments, etc.
- Awards & Recognition: All medals & ribbons awarded w/ a citation for the reason
Arlington National Cemetery
- Brigadier General Krazee
- Brigadier General Steven Traycer
- Colonel Anthony Aviles
- Major Delvanoc Carter
- Command Sergeant Major Ron Cold
- Sergeant Kyle McGehee
- Corporal Tars Tarkas
- Corporal Brian Britton
- Specialist Rhea Novak
- Specialist Hermes Cooper
- Specialist Roy Bowman
- References: Links to all the rules already covered.
- Miscellaneous: Useful other tools and resources.
Members may submit tickets for a wide range of problems here.
- S1 Name Change: Must be done within 90 days of enlistment.
- S1 Other: Report a uniform or MILPACS error.
- S6 Ticket: Report website, forum, discord, or game server error.
- Wiki Admin Group Ticket: Used to report issues with this wiki site.
- Rank and Awards display all available ranks, criteria to earn them, and awards and promotion guidelines.
- Field Manuals: References for all in-game training material.
- 7th Cavalry Wiki: The central repository for all information. May be found here.