TeamSpeak 3 Code of Conduct
Scope of the Teamspeak 3 Code of Conduct
This document is to serve as a complete compendium to the rules of the Teamspeak 3 server. If it is not listed in this document it does not exist and is not enforceable. Each rule will have specific definitions of the rule as well as elaborate on the specified intent of the rule along with examples to help clarify the rule's true intent. By the end of this document, no questions should remain as to what the rule meant and how it applies to the player.
Public versus Private Channels Definition
The following are considered public channels:
- All channels listed under "Public Operations Center"
- Staging Area
The following are considered private channels:
- All channels listed under "Training and Operations Center"
Specific definitions of the Teamspeak 3 Code of Conduct
Presence in TeamSpeak
- All 7th Cavalry personnel are required to be present in the TeamSpeak server during Arma 3 briefing, debriefing or game-play on any and all official 7th Cavalry public and private game servers.
- All 7th Cavalry personnel are required to be in a Cavalry Discord voice channel while present in the TeamSpeak when participating in activities outside of the 7th Cavalry's ARMA 3 servers.
Absence and inactivity
- All 7th Cavalry personnel are not permitted to idle in channels.
Members who are idle in channel may cause confusion regarding which channels are available for use, members who wish to sit idle are encouraged to use the various lounge voice channels on Discord.
Behavior and Language in Public Channels
- Patterns of abusive behavior and profanity will not be tolerated.
- No discussion of politics, religion or other potentially volatile subjects
- No direct personal attacks of any kind on other members or guests.
- Treat each other with respect no matter their rank, position, or anything else.
Spirit of the Rule: The intent of these rules is to ensure that interactions between members are respectful of one another.
Behavior and language in Private Channels
At the discretion of the channel owner, the above public rules may be loosened as follows:
- Discussion of politics, religion or other potentially volatile subjects are not permissible. The purpose of private channels is to allow for a less formal area for discussion or gameplay where the use of profanity is allowed.
Spirit of the Rule: This is to create a place where people must opt in to a looser set of rules regarding language.
Push-To-Talk vs. Voice Activation
- All regimental personnel may use Voice Activation. Do so responsibly; adjust your levels to avoid annoying others.
Personnel Identification on TeamSpeak
- All personnel are required to have their TeamSpeak identify synced with the website at all times to properly display their rank and permissions.
- All personnel shall have their phonetic nickname set up as follows: MAJ.Tully.B would have his phonetic nickname set to 'Major Tully'.
TeamSpeak confirmation of orders
- Any order to kick or ban a player on a server issued over in-game chat is invalid unless it is confirmed by the person issuing it in TeamSpeak.
Spirit of the Rule: This ensures no imposter in-game will cause us to kick or ban a player.
Inviting the public into TeamSpeak
- The public are welcome into our teamspeak as long as they adhere to this code of conduct. Ensure that any public player who transgresses is pointed to this policy as a guide to their behavior in our TeamSpeak.
Military courtesy is the bedrock upon which unit discipline is maintained. We demonstrate courtesy in the manner in which we address members of superior rank. Remember that in the 7th Cavalry Regiment, everything is earned, and so we must respect the achievements that earned a member the rank they currently hold. There are three 'settings' that determine how we address each other.
- Regimental or other unit meeting.
- Any room when on official business.
- Training and Operations Center.
- Any official training courses.
- During the classroom portion of a section practice.
During activities in an official setting, ranks shall be observed, whether talking to or about a member. e.g. "Sergeant Yahoo just told me that..." OR "Yes Sir" when responding to an officer. When an officer enters a channel in an official setting, the senior member will acknowledge the officer by addressing them "Hello Sir" or "Good evening Sir". This ensures the members in a channel know an officer has entered the channel and creates a break in the conversation to allow them to speak. You may be instructed by a specific NCO or Officer to drop ranks in an official setting. This applies only for that specific NCO or Officer and in that instance.
- Any operations channel while in the operation.
Ranks are dropped in game or during operations for the sake of brevity.
In private channels, ranks may be dropped at the discretion of the members in the channel when not on official business.
Spirit of the Rule: In official settings, we observe the proper customs and courtesies. Otherwise, ranks can be dropped as the situation dictates.
- What to do if I want to enter a "Knock Channel?
- Should you need to enter a "Knock Channel" please send the highest ranking person in that channel a Private Message with a simple "knock knock?" and wait for a reply. That person will either allow you to come in, or will tell you to standby.
- How do I know what to call each person?
- When you are unsure of what to call people, you can make reference to these following tables to know how to address them:
|Enlisted & Warrant Officer Ranks||Enlisted||E-1||RCT||"Recruit"|
|E-8||1SG||"First Sergeant", "Top"|
|Warrant||W-1||WO1||"Mister" / "Miss[es]"|
|W-2||CW2||"Mister" / "Miss[es]", "Chief"|
|W-3||CW3||"Mister" / "Miss[es]", "Chief"|
|W-4||CW4||"Mister" / "Miss[es]", "Chief"|
|W-5||CW5||"Mister" / "Miss[es]", "Chief"|
|Officer Ranks||Company||O-1||2LT||"Sir" / "Ma'am", "Lieutenant"|
|O-2||1LT||"Sir" / "Ma'am", "Lieutenant"|
|O-3||CPT||"Sir" / "Ma'am", "Captain"|
|Field||O-4||MAJ||"Sir" / "Ma'am", "Major"|
|O-5||LTC||"Sir" / "Ma'am", "Colonel"|
|O-6||COL||"Sir" / "Ma'am", "Colonel"|
|General||O-7||BG||"Sir" / "Ma'am", "General"|
|O-8||MG||"Sir" / "Ma'am", "General"|
|O-9||LTG||"Sir" / "Ma'am", "General"|
|O-10||GEN||"Sir" / "Ma'am", "General"|
|Special||GOA||"Sir" / "Ma'am", "General"|
Use of Addons
In accordance with direction from IMO, any addons that allow for mass movement / channel switching are not permitted. Any individual who uses such addon and knowingly or accidentally uses it to disrupt operations on Teamspeak 3 may be subject to administrative, or disciplinary action, or both.