Requests for Aid
|This is the Document Release Information|
|Scope:||Guidelines for 7th Cavalry members making Requests for Aid|
|Last Modified Date:||DDMMMYYYY|
|Approving Authority:||Regimental Commanding Officer|
|Point of Contact:||Regimental Commanding Officer|
THIS DOCUMENT MAY NOT BE EDITED WITHOUT COMMAND STAFF APPROVAL.
We consider the 7th Cavalry to be a Brotherhood. As brothers we want to help each other as much as we can. Sometimes this comes in the form of general advice, tech support, gaming strategies, or simply an attentive ear to listen to life's problems. Other times members find themselves in need of financial assistance to get them over a hurdle that life has put in front of them.
While we are not a charitable organization, we can when needed pass the hat around for a Brother or Sister to help them out. This is not something to be taken for granted.This should be used for situations due to emergent, unexpected life events; events that could not predict in most cases, that given the lack of a social safety net, could cause homelessness or deprive them the means to earn a living.For example:
- The unexpected death of a family member
- An unexpected lapse in employment that causes you to miss a utility bill
- A car accident, helping to get your car back on the road so you can go to work
Not all requests can be fulfilled. Below are the guidelines and requirements for requesting aid from the Regiment.This process takes time, if your request is urgent and you need funds immediately, this process is not for you.
- All requests are capped at $600.00.
- No member with less than 1 year time in service is eligible for aid. Eligibility is determined using the same standard as the Good Conduct Medal.
- All Requests must be made in writing by the member requesting aid. No requests made by third parties will be accepted. The member must be as specific as possible regarding the circumstances their request. Vague requests or refusing to provide necessary details will cause your request to be denied.
- Only 1 approved request for aid will be granted within a 2-year period for the same member.
- All requests are reviewed and require unanimous approval from the General Staff. All decisions are final.
- No member of the General Staff may request the Regiment for aid.
- If you are a member in need please make your written request via forum PM to any member of the General Staff. The General Staff will review your request and inform you of their decision, usually within 7 days, depending on the circumstances it could take longer. If your request is approved a member of the General Staff will make a forum post on your behalf requesting donations. Donations will be accepted for a period of 7 days and then given to the member.
The General Staff reserves the right to make exceptions to this policy when deemed in the best interest of the 7th Cavalry Gaming Regiment.