Code Of Conduct
As a member of the 7th Cavalry Regiment Military Realism Virtual Unit (henceforth referred to as Unit) it is your duty to oppose all enemies of the Unit in virtual combat. Your behavior is guided by the Code of Conduct which has evolved from the heroic history, experiences and deeds of our members during our many years of existence. Your values are best expressed by our Code of Conduct, our Rules of Engagements and our General Orders which you have agreed to abide by, uphold, and defend. You would have these obligations to your unit and your fellow members even if the Code of Conduct had never been formulated as a high standard of general behavior.
To live up to the Code, you must know not only its words but the ideas and principles behind those words. The Code of Conduct is an ethical guide. The articles below deal with your chief concerns as a member of this unit and describe the ideal ethos each member should live by and uphold at all times during their service with the Unit.
Article I - Rectitude
Innate to all is the sense of knowing right and wrong. This awareness serves to keep us on a path of rightness and fortitude of principle and practice. Simply put, all members of the Unit are expected to do the right thing or make the right decision, not because it ís easy, but because it ís ethically and morally correct regardless of the outcome or result.
- Do the right thing every time.
- Uphold and comply with all ethical and written standards (this Code, Rules of Engagement, General Orders, etc.) that apply to all members of the Unit.
Article II - Respect
Members of the Unit show respect by speaking and acting with courtesy. We treat our fellow members, guest to our servers and members of other units (allies or neutral) with dignity and honor. Respect yourself and others will respect you.
- Treat all members and guest of the Unit with respect, dignity and empathy.
- All verbal, nonverbal and written communication, both within the Unit's own mediums (other forums, game servers, voice chat, etc.) and mediums outside the Unit's (e.g. other clan's forum, game servers, etc.) will be conducted in a mutually respectful manner.
Article III - Honor
Members of the Unit will walk the path that ensures the preservation of self respect and self esteem over and above personal gain, well being, or convenience.
- Do not lie or cheat, nor tolerate those who do.
- Be honest; honorable in all encounters, principles, intentions and actions with all members and our guest.
Article IV - Loyalty
Members of the Unit exhibit a clear and non-negotiable commitment to both the Unit and the other members.
- The Unit above all else (in the virtual world).
- Be devoted to your duties.
- Support the leadership and stand by your Cav brothers and sisters.
Article V - Courage
Members of the Unit display courage, not just on the battlefield, but courage to gather the strength of character to walk the righteous path.
- Facing moral fear or adversity; continuing forward on the right path, especially if taking those actions is not popular with others.
- Standing up for and acting upon the things that you know are honorable.