Post Scriptum Rules of Engagement
Scope of the Rules of Engagement
This document is compendium of the rules of the Post Scriptum servers. If a rule is not listed in this document it does not exist and is not enforceable. Each rule will have specific definitions as well as an elaboration of its intent. By the end of this document, no question should remain as to what a rule means and how it applies to the player.
Post Scriptum – Rules of Engagement (ROE)
- No fratricide or friendly fire.
- No offensive language or disorderly conduct of any kind will be tolerated.
- No spawn camping
- No blind usage of explosives
- Play the objectives.
- All Squad Leaders must have a microphone.
- You must join a squad and follow your Squad Leader's order.
Specific definitions of Post Scriptum – Team vs. Team Server Rules The following numbered list of all server rules are in accordance with the list of section 2. Each rule has a subsection explaining the intent of the rule.
1.No fratricide or friendly fire
- Commonly called 'TK'ing' or 'Team Killing' - the purposeful or accidental killing of a teammate - is not allowed on this server;
- Do not team kill, this is grounds for instant banning;
- Intentionally Team Killing a 7th Cavalry Admin while actively being an admin will result in an instant ban from the server;
- If you accidentally Team Kill or hurt a team member apologize immediately
- Spirit of the rule - Intentionally team killing other players is detrimental to the spirit of team play. While friendly fire is a reality on the battlefield, it is unacceptable and should be avoided.
2.No offensive language or disorderly conduct of any kind will be tolerated.
- No swearing;
- No racism;
- No politics;
- No religious names, discussions, or taunting;
- No disrespect towards other players or admins;
- No disrespectful abbreviations;
- No elitist attitudes towards others;
- No mic spamming;
- No trolling;
- Treat others as you would your best friend (or better)
- Spirit of the rule - The 7th Cavalry tries to make a fun environment for people of all ages. While our recruiting age is 18, we do have younger members in our server and want to ensure that our servers are family friendly. If you wouldn't say it in front of your own mother, you shouldn't say it here. If you feel that something is questionable, it is probably wrong.
3.No camping the uncapturable bases
- Intentionally choking an uncapturable spawn area, blocking all areas off from escape;
- Do not fire into or out of uncaps, unless you are getting fired at. Retaliate and move away;
- You must be actively trying to move forward, and leave your base;
- Spirit of the rule - This rule is about fair competition. We want everyone to have fun, therefore everyone should get the opportunity to fight back. If you see that the enemy is unable to get out of their spawn area you need to fall back; if you don´t you are ruining their fun. The exception would be if the game mode forces you to move in to spawn.
4.No blind usage of explosives
- Visual or verbal (in-game or TS3) confirmation of target is needed;
- Tracers fired at you or teammates can be considered hostile and reacted upon;
- Footsteps and hostile verbal communication are considered valid indicators and can be reacted upon;
- Clearing explosives is allowed as long as you follow through;
- Call out explosives so your teammates know what's going on to make sure you do not hurt friendlies
- Spirit of the rule - These rules are designed to promote a tactical experience and prevent team kills by grenade spamming.
5.Play the objectives
- Work with the members of your squad toward the objectives based on the current game mode;
- Avoid merely running through the maps wildly firing at the opposing team
- Spirit of the rule - This rule is designed to encourage players to work together in tactical movements to accomplish an objective. Soldiers work together as units to complete assigned missions.
6.All Squad Leaders must have a microphone
- Squad Leaders must have a microphone to communicate with their squad and other Squad Leaders.
- Using text chat only is not acceptable.
- Failing to do so will result in being kicked from the server.
- Spirit of the rule - It is too difficult to lead while using text chat only, voice communication must be used to be a effective leader.
7.You must join a Squad and follow your Squad Leader's orders
- Commonly called "lone-wolfing".
- You must join a Squad, if they are full start a new one.
- Staying unassigned doesn't contribute to the team.
- Follow you Squad Leaders orders.
- Helps identify AFK players.
- Failing to do so will result in a kicked from the server.
- Spirit of the rule - You need to be part of your squad and team to be able to contribute to the objectives, "lone-wolfing" does not contribute to that. This also helps us keep AFK players off the server.