Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This is the Document Release Information|
|Scope:||Names & Name Changes|
|Effective Date:||10 OCT 20|
|Last Modified Date:||DDMMMYYYY|
|Approving Authority:||Regimental Commanding Officer|
|Point of Contact:||Regimental Chief of Staff|
A trooper may request one name change in during their career with the 7th Cavalry Regiment with the following stipulations:
- Must be requested within the first 30 days of enlistment.
- Names must include a realistic forename and surname; not necessarily your real name.
- Troopers may not choose (within the limits of common sense) any of the following as names:
- Historically important names
- Cartoon names
- Names of importance from novels, television etc.
- Religious names
- Names cannot have any special characters or spaces in them as this causes problems with the MILPACS system.
- The RRD/ROO OIC/Staff Lead and RRD/ROO NCOIC have approval authority for all name change requests.
- Exceptions to all of the above may be made at the discretion of the General Staff.
Requesting a Name Change
To request a name change go to https://helpdesk.7cav.us/ and open a new ticket requesting a name change.