|7th Cavalry Gaming Regiment|
|Chief of Staff:||MG.Burgundy.C|
|1st Battalion HQ|
|2nd Battalion HQ|
So You Want to Know More About the Cav?
You're thinking about joining the Cav or maybe you'd just like to know a bit more about us. You've come to the right place, the 7th Cavalry Gaming Regiment, home of the Yellow and Black.
We've been around since October 15th, 2002. We were founded on the principles of tactical realism and brotherhood in the Call of Duty days. Arma came along and after Arma 2 came out the Regiment really took off.
We've fluctuated up and down with numbers over the years. We've supported a number of different games and are always looking to add new and popular games that support tactical gameplay. As of this posting we are at approximately 400 active members.
1st Battalion, the 7th Cavalry Regiment is currently comprised of the following units:
- Alpha Company is the aviation element, consisting of both Fixed and Rotary aircraft pilots and crew.
- Bravo Troop is the Battalion Cavalry Troop which is comprised of one armor platoon and two mechanized infantry platoons utilizing M2A3 Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicles, Strykers and M1A2 Abrams Main Battle Tanks.
- Charlie Company is the tip of the spear, with two platoons of Airborne infantrymen.
- We also have an active Ranger platoon that is comprised of members from throughout the Battalion who join together for special training and high payoff operations above and beyond what they do in their primary roles.
2nd Battalion, the 7th Cavalry Regiment is currently comprised of the following units:
- Charlie Company is fully dedicated to Hell Let Loose, a new WW II shooter.
- Echo Company is fully dedicated to Squad, the new tactical shooter based on project reality.
Here are the minimum standards for enlistment into the 7th Cavalry Gaming Regiment:
- Minimum age is 18, not debatable, no exceptions
- You must have a microphone
- Must have Team Speak 3
- Must have one of the following games to join:
- Arma 3 WITH Apex DLC
- Hell Let Loose
- Must be willing to play in a Military and Tactical Realism Unit
- Must be willing to take orders and follow the chain of command
- Once you complete Boot Camp you will be assigned to a Section/Squad and you must practice with that group. If you cannot attend the practice of your assigned Section/Squad due to work or some other real life event, you must be excused by your Section/Squad Leader. Options for making up the practice can be discussed with your Section/Squad Leader and Platoon Chain of Command.
- Must be active on the forum 1 time a week. Your Section/Squad Leader will make a roll call post once a week, you must respond to this post in the required manner.
- Must not be a member of another FPS Clan/Unit. Dual Clanning is prohibited.
- Must not have a VAC or Game Ban on record within the last 5 years.
What Do We Offer?
A primary billet is your primary assignment in the Regiment. After joining and passing through our Recruit Training Command, you are assigned to your requested Military Occupation Specialty (MOS). You will be assigned to a section, squad or tank that you will practice with every week. The current MOS' we offer are:
1. Aviation (Arma 3 APEX)
- Rotary Crew
- Rotary Pilot
- Fixed-Wing Pilot
2. Cavalry (Arma 3 APEX)
- Armor Crewman (M1A2 crew)
- Cavalry Scout (Mechanized Infantry)
- Medical Trooper (Combat Medics)
3. Airborne/Air Assault (Arma 3 APEX)
- Airborne Infantryman
- Airborne Weapons Infantryman (Mortarman/Heavy Weapons/Sapper)
- Armored Crewman
6. Hell Let Loose
Secondary billets are assignments where you can volunteer to give back to the Regiment if you choose to. It's a long list, but essentially these are billets that cover off the crucial duties of keeping the lights on. Here are a just a few examples:
1. S1 Department
- MILPACS clerk - these fine individuals keep our service records updated.
- Uniforms clerk - these talented people update our uniforms. (Example)
2. S2 Security Operations
- Military Police - these underappreciated folks help us dealing with troublemakers.
3. S3 Operations and Training Department
- Instructor Pilot - these skilled people teach new members how to fly the Cav Way.
- Instructors - We have a lot of courses in the Cav. We have a lot of highly qualified instructors.
- Jumpmaster - The Black Hats teach people how to jump out of perfectly functioning aircraft.
- Operations Staff - there are a lot of these fine folks. They do all the background work required to generate large-scale operations for our members to enjoy.
4. S5 Public Relations
- S5 Public Relations Staff - these people coordinate our image on public discussion boards and social media platforms.
- S5 Media Staff - these skilled people create videos for our youtube channel and for internal use.
5. Regimental Recruiting Department
- Recruiter - these dedicated individuals speak to potential recruits, ensuring they know what we're about before they join and they play on our servers looking to bring new members into the family.
6. Recruit Training Command
- Drill Instructor - These knowledgeable members give new recruits a taste of what's to come and get them sorted out with the basics they need to play their game in the Regiment.
We run operations at least once a week in every game. In Arma, this means 60-80 people going at it in air assault, airborne and mechanized/armored operations with supporting assets such as heavy weapons, mortars, close-air and even logistical support. In Squad and Post-Scriptum this means big groups of Cav members duking it out against other live players in a tactical, objective-oriented mindset. Our Squad / Hell Let Loose / Post Scriptum operations can be anything from 9v9 CQB scrimmages, to full scale 80-man ops against other units, with other units.
We have one of the most comprehensive, optional training programs around. In Arma alone, we have over 30 training courses that are run regularly in our schools. We have the following schools, all with their own courses, instructors and training paths:
- Aviation Center of Excellence
- The Cavalry School
- The School of Infantry
- The Airborne School
- Ranger School
What does the Airborne School teach you ask? Basic Airborne, Jumpmaster, Pathfinder. Upon completion of the Pathfinder evaluation, you can receive your Pathfinder Badge. This is just one example of many. For a complete list go here: List of Training Courses
For those that want it, you can progress in your primary billet. A community like this needs strong leaders to keep it moving forward. Leadership billets are earned through a combination of time in service, training and merit. Troopers are grouped into sections/squads, squads are grouped into platoons, platoons into companies or troops and companies into a Battalion. Each level requires leaders to organize and drive it.
Last, but definitely not least, we offer community. In any large group of people, not everyone will get along or love each other, but we are bound together by our love for the community. Even in a short time with us you will see examples of people coming together to help a brother or sister out in times of need. It's hard to get to know everyone, but when someone puts the call out, we come running. Garry Owen!
If you would like to read more about the history of the real 7th Cavalry and also about the founding of our Regiment, go here: 7th Cavalry